Dram Cottage – Website Privacy Notice
This is the privacy notice of:
Dram Cottage Holiday Rental, 112 Findhorn, Forres, Moray, IV36 3YJ
Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Dram Cottage.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy concerning all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you regarding the processing and control of your personal data.
- We use your data only as set our below. We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
1.Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you agree to purchase a holiday stay at Dram Cottage, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We will use this information solely to enable your purchase of a holiday stay at Dram Cottage.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2.Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you ask us to provide you more information, you give your consent implicitly for us to use your data – such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
3.Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation.
This may include your personal information.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number only to be able to track our communications with you, to provide a high-quality service, and to enable your order or enquiry.
4.Information relating to your method of payment
Your payment information is never taken directly via a website payment service.
At the point of payment, you are requested to make a bank transfer to our bank account – the details of which we provide you with directly.
We will ask for your bank account details to return good housekeeping deposits and recredits as required.
5.Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us to provide you with the services at Dram Cottage Holiday Rental that you have requested.
Whilst we have your data to enable your order of a stay at Dram Cottage Holiday Rental, you retain the right to access / rectify and erase your data / personal details.
6.Use of site by children
Dram Cottage Holiday Rental is not available for hire by children, nor do we market to children.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
8.How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the UK Data Protection Commissioner.
Tel: 0303 123 1113
9.Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.